The digital marketing arena is a place which is evolving every now and then. To gain success in your digital marketing campaign, you have to utilize all possible chances to take the advantages of the situation. Twitter is one of the most powerful platforms in social media promotions which you need to know to utilize in a smart way. Bill Megelich, one of the well known digital marketing specialists shared some tips to handle the social site to gain popularity.
Here he has discussed the data about Twitter so that you can design your action plan to promote any brand or product on this particular platform. Mr. Bill Megelich has divided the statistics in to three segments; Users, Followers and Usage.
User Statistics Of Twitter:
- By the end of 2018, Twitter has 321 monthly users who are active.
- 21% of global active users of Twitter are from the United States.
- 73% of active Twitter users also use Instagram.
- Twitter is being used by the 45% of American between the age bracket is 18 and 24.
- In the USA, the number of Twitter users has grown by 10% since 2012.
- Twitter is the second most popular social network after Facebook.
- Japan has the highest reach for the Twitter advertisement in 2018.
- The Philippines has the highest number of the female plan which is around 3 million whereas India has the highest number of female users.
Follower Statistics Of Twitter:
As per Mr. Bill Megelich Twitter Profile, 2018 was a ground breaking year for Twitter.
- Katy Perry has the highest number of follower in this year.
- The two most followed non media business accounts are Google and NBA.
- CNN is the most followed news account on Twitter.
- YouTube has the highest number of followers among all the social media platforms.
- In 2018, Netflix Brazil and Playstation Japan were the fastest growing business account.
Usage Statistics of Twitter:
This is the most important part of the statistics on which you can plan your campaign, as per Mr. Bill Megelich. You can understand the user behavior from it.
- The most used emoji of Twitter is 😂 followed by ❤.
- Twitter is the 7th most visited website of the world.
- The global average time of each visit on Twitter is around 9 minutes.
- In 2018, the most popular hashtags were #influencemarketing, #crypto, #deeplearning, #womenintech and #fridayfeeling.
- Tweets with hashtags have more engagement than the posts without a hashtag.
- Approximately 46% of users use this platform every day