Almost everyone is aware of the importance of drinking safe water. Every year more than 3 million people die from the waterborne diseases and for that, it has become a necessity to install RO purifier at home. However, your responsibility does not end here only as you have to check the maintenance of the RO Purification System. Just like any other appliances, this system also starts to show troubles with time. You just can’t take the chance to mess with the purity of drinking water. You have to keep a close look at the performance of the machine. Every water filter has its own durability and you have to track to identify any problem in the filtration system.
Here are the signs that will help you to know the time to change the filter of the RO Purification System.
- Vibration or unusual sound: In case, you can hear an unusual sound coming from the RO Purification System in time of water filtration, you can call the customer care to find out the real problem. It is normal for a new filter to produce vibration and sound that will die down after 3 to 4 days. If the problem persists then the filter must be defective and need to be replaced as soon as possible.
- Transparency of Water: The first duty of the RO Purification System is to filter and provide pure and transparent water. It is considered as the essential quality of pure water. In case, the water produced from the filter does not have the quality, it is completely unsuitable to drink. In case, there is cloudiness or turbidity in the water, then it is a strong sign of an inefficient filtration system. To get rid of this problem, you need to consider changing the filter.
- Taste and odour: When you will install a new RO purifier at home, it is quite natural to get a metallic taste or unnatural odour from the water as the new tank needs to drain out to check whether the water is fit for consumption or not. In case, it has become a lingering problem then you should call the specialist to check the system.
- Higher TDS level: The level of Total Dissolved Solids or popularly known as TDS is a clear indicator of how much healthy the water is. In case, there are too many ionised particles in water, it is unsafe to drink. You can check the level by TDS meter at home. When the level goes beyond permissible limit, you need to change the filter of the RO Purification System. Make sure, you will have a right TDS for the drinking water as the low status indicates that the water is devoid of essential minerals.
- Water Pressure: In case, the water has higher TDS, it will block the filtration system eventually. As a result, the water pressure will be reduced and you will get a lesser amount of flow. You have to replace the filter with an original one as soon as possible.