The terrains of Garhwal Himalayas are thrilling and adventuresome. Risky but beautiful pathways lead the trekkers to the summit for a uniques experience, which will remain in your memories forever. All the treks of the Indian state of Uttarakhand are amazing and full of surprises, thrill and excitement, which have the power to leave the trekkers to spell bounded with its beauty. Chopta Valley is one such trek that gives the mountain lovers an incredible experience and the surrounding beauty leaves them mesmerized.
Chopta valley is one of the most exciting, thrilling and challenging trails which is soaring up at 13000 feet. This trek is a year-round adventure with some of the most scenic views. The trek also gives a chance to explore Deoria Tal, Chopta, Tungnath and Chandrashaila summit. On the way up to Chopta valley, you will go through snow trails, serene landscapes, fabulous glaciers, mesmerizing water streams, wild colourful flowers and forests of oaks and rhododendrons and alpine.
The special thing about Chopta valley is the level of fun, thrill and excitement at any time of the year. As mentioned earlier, this valley is a year-round trek, you can visit the place any time of the year. The Chopta valley is for each age group. This valley is the most preferred one when it comes to Autumn and Winter season. You will get to see nature at its best during these seasons. If you want to fuel your inner soul, this terrain will give you everything that you seek in the months of February to April and Mid September to November.
Chopta valley is situated in the heart of the state of Uttarakhand. The valley is at an altitude of 13000 feet (4000 meters) above sea level, and is a popular destination, mostly preferred by those who seek solitude. If you love mountains, cold breezes and want a break from your city’s hustle-bustle type of life, then you must head for Chopta Valley. With jaw-dropping views, scenic backgrounds, serene landscapes, lush green grasslands, enchanting farmlands and snow-clad trails; Chopta valley is a retreat for the mountain lovers. Bird watchers can find their happiness here too, with different types of birds. On the trail, you will get in touch with some of the small town and huts and cafes, which will make your journey unforgettable.
This wonderful valley is a small settlement which is very popular among tourists from all across the country, mainly because of the number of options it provides for bird watchers, nature photographers, astrophotographers, explorers and adventure junkies. The entire valley is a heaven of beauty and an ideal place for relaxation.
The base point or the beginning point of the Chopta valleys is Tungnath, which is located approx 3.5 km uphill and counted as 3rd temple of Panch Kedar. This Tungnath offers vistas of the mighty Himalayas range including Trishul, Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. This is located at an altitude of 8790 feet above the sea level.
Some activities in Chopta are:
Camping, hiking, mountain biking, bird watching, photography, trekking, yoga, meditation, pranayamas, Snow trekking, snow skiing, Rock craft, rock climbing, rappelling etc.
Quick facts about Chopta Valley-
Famous for: Hill Station
Languages: Garhwali, Kumaoni, Hindi, English
Best Season: February to April and Mid September to November
Weather: In Summer: 15 to 24°C,
In Winter: -15 to 5°C
In Autumn: 5 to 15°C
Altitude: 2900 m
Reasons to visit the lovely Chopta Valley are:
- Tungnath Temple- One of the highest of the Panch Kedar, located at an altitude of 3860 meters, Tungnath temple is an unexplored beauty of Chopta valley. It is gentle and well marked, offering you the scenic backgrounds and snow capped mountain views.
- Sari village- This village ives the picturesque view of Deoria Tal.
- Deoria Tal – Deoria Tal is situated approx 2 km away from the Sari village. This place is full of fun and thrill.
- Rohini Bugyal- this amazingly incredible place is filled with blooming flowers.
- Bisuri Tal- Located near Mandakini valley, Bisuri Tal is the beauty of the trek to Chopta Valley.
- Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary- This Sanctuary surrounded by the abundance of wide variety of flora and fauna, is home to many deer.
- Ukhimath- Famous for lord Shiva temple, Ukimath attracts Hindus all over the country. The place looks ravishing in winters.