Erectile dysfunction is the term used for the males having an inability in maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse. This may also lead to a lack of interest in sex. It is not necessary to have a concern for the erection problem, but you need to take it seriously if it affects your self-confidence, causes stress and contributes to your love relationship. Consult a doctor especially if you notice the symptoms such as:
- Reduced curiosity in sex
- Problem in maintaining the erection throughout the sexual activities
- Not able to get an erection
- Early ejaculation
- Late ejaculation
- Unable to get orgasm after a lot of stimulation
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Many times, a blend of psychological and physical issues can cause erectile dysfunction in males, as it is a complex process, which involves the nervous system, muscles, blood vessels and hormones. Let us have a glance on the common causes of erectile dysfunction
- Being overweight
- Higher Cholesterol level
- Problems related to blood pressure
- Intake of alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Usage of tobacco
- Under the treatment of prostate cancer
- Injuries or surgeries related to the spinal cord or pelvic area
- On any other prescribed medication
What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is the situation, which happens when a male ejaculates earlier than his partner during sexual intercourse. Nowadays, it has become a very common problem among males. There may be many factors affecting premature ejaculation such as biological and psychological factors. However, many males feel embarrassed to discuss it even with their own friends, but it can be cured with medications, sexual techniques and counseling.
Symptoms of Premature Ejaculation
Premature ejaculation can be classified under two types such as:
- Primary or Lifelong: Lifelong or primary premature ejaculation occurs nearly all the time starting from your first sexual intercourse.
- Secondary or Acquired: Acquired or secondary premature ejaculation occurs after you had some earlier sexual experiences.
What causes premature ejaculation?
The reasons for premature ejaculation are not really known but it is common with the men having low levels of the chemical serotonin in their brains that makes them ejaculate in a very short span of time. However, the other factors affecting it may be some kind of stress, anxiety, guilt, depression or problems in relationships.
Moreover, premature ejaculation is also common with the people in the habit of masturbation. Even if your hormones like testosterone, have abnormal levels or due to the swelling of the urethra or prostate can also be the reason for premature ejaculation.
When to Consult a Doctor?
However, only a doctor can check whether you need treatment or not. So, if you notice the above-stated symptoms lasting for more than 3 months, then consult a doctor instantly. Fix an appointment with your family doctor and feel free to tell him what all is actually happening with you. He can guide you and tell you about its treatment.