It’s the time of the year when all the respective boards including CBSE have published the time-table for the next year’s class 12th exam including various entrance exams. These entrance exams are important because on the basis of their marks in these exams, it is decided that which course or which college they may get.
The syllabus of Class 12th exam and the respective exams are quite similar, therefore to score well and get the colleges of their choice, the students should start preparing early. This will provide them an edge over the others. Also apply for these exams as soon as the registration link opens.
In this article, we have given details of different entrance exams that you can decide to appear. Keep reading to know more about them.
Medical Entrance Exams
These exams are for those aspirants who wish to study medicine or surgery. To be eligible you should be appearing or have cleared Physics, Chemistry and Biology exams with different medical exams’ respective percentage criteria. Few of these are:
- National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Exam for Under Graduate (NEET- UG)
Earlier CBSE used to conduct this exam, but now National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct it from 2019 onwards. This exam is important to get admission into maximum number of medical and dental colleges all over India. The registration for these exams open in November. It takes place in May every year and the result is declared around June first week.
- AIIMS Entrance Exam
This is for admission into India’s most premier medical education institute AIIMS. The eligibility criteria and syllabus is almost same as that of NEET-UG. Its registration starts in February and the exam takes place in the last week of May every year.
Apart from these exams, there are several other exams such as Indian Army BSc Nursing, All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) for those who want to become vets, JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test, etc. The criteria and syllabus almost remains same even for these exams.
Engineering Entrance Exams
To appear for these exams, a student must be appearing or have cleared class 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Maths. Some of these exams are:
From 2019, National Testing Agency or NTA will conduct this exam. This exam is important to get admission into India’s maximum engineering colleges. Apart from that this exam is gateway for admission into premier institutes such as IITs, NITs, etc.
IITs conduct this exam to grant admissions to students in their institutes. Only those students can take these exams those who have cleared JEE Mains. Many other premier colleges such as IISR (Bangalore & Trivandrum), ISM Dhanbad, etc. also grant admission to students on this exam’s basis. The question papers are both in Hindi & English and the duration of this paper is three hours.
This exam is conducted by BITS for admission into its Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad and Dubai campus. The exam is conducted in May last week every year. Apart from regular subjects such as PCM, the aspirant should have passed English paper also. The exam is three hours long and along with PCM questions, aptitude, logical reasoning & English grammar questions are also included.
- State CETs
Different states conduct Engineering CETs for admission into different engineering colleges. These exams are conducted in May last week or June first week. The syllabus is same as that of respective State Board’s syllabus for Physics, Chemistry & maths. Some of the prominent CETs are Maharashtra CET, Kerala CET, Tamilnadu CET, etc. The colleges that admit students through CETs mostly grant admission to those who have been domicile of the state.
Law Entrance Examinations
Those who want to become lawyers can take 5 year Integrated LLB course. Some of the prominent exams are:
- CLAT: Every year any of the National Law Universities conduct Common Law Admission Test or CLAT for those who have cleared their 12th. Those who clear this exam, can get admission into 5-year BA LLB, B. Com. LLB, B Sc. LLB courses at any of the 14 national law universities of their choice. The exam is conducted in May mid.
- Symbiosis Law Entrance Test: The Symbiosis Law College conducts an all-India level Law entrance test to give admission to students in its institute. It is conducted in June first week every year.
- LSAT: This is an all India level Law School Admission Test all over India to enrol students in some premier law schools such as Amity Law School, Faculty of Law – Dehradun, ITM Gurugram, IIT Kharagpur’s Law program among others.
Those students who wish to serve the nation by joining Indian Armed Forces I.e. Navy, Air Force and Army give these exams. Some of these prominent ones are:
- NDA Exam: NDA conducts it’s all India level exam twice a year i.e. during May and September. All the students who have cleared their 12th class irrespective of any stream are eligible to appear for this exam. Qualified students are given admission into National Defence Academy & Naval Academy. The age criteria are between 16 ½ and 19 ½ years.
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme: All the male candidates who have cleared their 12th with Science stream in 12th are eligible for this exam.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES): Those male students who have cleared their 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Maths are eligible for this exam. The minimum age criteria are 18 years.
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment: Those male students who wish to join Navy as Sailors take up this exam. They should have cleared their Class 12th with PCM. Successful candidates are given admission in INS Chilka.
Architecture Entrance Test
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA): It is an exam that is conducted for those students who wish to take admission in Architecture courses all over the India. It is the most important exam for the students for the students who wish to become architects. The exam takes place in April last week and results are declared during June.
- JEE Main Paper 2 for Architecture: This is another important exam for those who wish to take admission in Architecture courses. Premium institutes such as IITs, NITs, etc. that have Architecture in their curriculum admit students through this course.