Friends, good morning. Today we are discussing some windows specific errors which you may come across time and again. One such error is the Wdf01000.sys Blue Screen error. This usually happens while trying to instal or run a program. This error may also crop up while Windows tries to load some particular driver.
Cause of the Error
This error generally happens when new software or hardware is being installed in the system. The Wdf01000 stands for Windows Driver Framework 01000. The loading of the software or hardware-specific driver then causes the error to happen and you get a blue screen. But the good thing here is that you can boot into your computer even if this issue happens, unlike some other cases when your system becomes unresponsive. Also, for more tech information like this, you can simply check out iwillexplainyou.com where you will get lots of quality information like this.
There are many simple as well as advanced troubleshooting options. Let’s start from the simple ones.
- Update windows: All software and hardware installed may not be compatible with Windows 10 if you have upgraded your system from an earlier version of windows. In that situation, Microsoft tries to push updates specific to your machine to correction the incompatibility issue.
- Update Drivers: The issue is related to the drivers of the hardware or software when you try to instal them. So it is a good option to update the drivers of those hardware and software.
- Antivirus Scanning: Sometimes some virus may also cause such types of errors. So, the better you should go for a scan of your system with your antivirus to eliminate the virus issue if any.
- Run the Blue Screen Troubleshooter:
- Open Settings from Start Button.
- Go to Update and Security and click on Troubleshoot and then on Blue Screen.
This will resolve your issue of Blue Screen.
- You can also solve the issue temporarily by disconnecting or uninstalling the particular hardware or software.
If all of the above-mentioned steps do not resolve the issue then you may follow the solutions given below.
- Run an SFC Scan
Sometimes a Wdf01000.sys Blue Screen issue crops up if some system file is missing. In such a situation running an SFC Scan may help you in resolving the issue. You can find the procedure of SFC Scan as well.
- Run CHKDSK
The hard drive of your computer is in most cases the cause of the Blue Screen error. The The The CHKDSK command searches for bad sectors on your hard disk and corrects them. For the procedure follow the steps.
- Search for Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Now type the command chkdsk/f/r in the command window and hit Enter. This will execute the command.
- If asked, “Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked next time the system restarts?’, type Y and hit Enter
- Now close the Command Prompt window and reboot your computer.
- Re-register the Wdf01000.sys file:
There are chances of Wdf01000.sys file might have been corrupted. So Re-registering the file may solve the problem. To do so follow the given steps.
- Open the Command Prompt by following the steps given in the above Solution.
- Now type the following command in the command window and hit Enter:
- After the execution of the command completes, restart your computer.
After the restart, you will find the problem gone for good from your computer.
I hope this article will help you solve the problem if you happen to face the issue anytime in the future. Please leave your impression in the comment box below. Take good care of yourself. Have a nice day. Also, if you like this article then simply tell us by dropping a comment in the comment section below so that we get to know how helpful this article is for you and also share this article others as well. In other cases, like if you have any issue or query related to this article then tell us by dropping a comment below so that we will help you to solve your queries and issues which you are facing.