Har Ki Dun is one of the most mesmerizing valleys in the lap of the Western Himalayas, which will take you through ravishing forests of alpine, enchanting water streams, snow-capped mountain peaks, lush green valleys, meadows, myriad and a massive variety of flora and fauna.
The cradle shaped valley of Har Ki Dun is situated at the base of the mighty peak of Fateh Parvati at an altitude of 3,556 meters. The valley is packed with thrilling wildfire, surprises, excitement and adrenaline rush.
The base point of Har Ki Dun is a small village Sankri with its magnificent scenic views. Many of the trekkers start trekking from Taluka which is few km ahead o Sankri. The tiny town, Taluka has an essence of open grasslands, meadows and lush green landscapes. You will reach Osla from Taluka. Osla is a s nest that encounters with deer and other animals.
You will witness the untouched natural beauty of Uttarakhand while walking on the trails of Har Ki Dun to reach the summit. On the pathways, you will get to see frozen glaciers of Jaundhar and Swargarohini, enchanting mountains, snow capped pathways etc.
How to get Har Ki Dun-
Dehradun- Sankri- Taluka- Osla- Har Ki Dun
Har Ki Dun trekking expedition starts from the capital of the state of Uttarakhand, Dehradun. The city of Dehradun is a beautiful places. From here you can take an exhilarating drive to reach Sankri, which is the basecamp of the trek.the drive from Dehradun to Sankri will take you through small towns of Nainbagh, Purola, Naitwar and several others.
Sankri is a small village which stands at an altitude of 1950 meters. Most of the trekkers start their trekking from here. Some of the trekkers start their trekking from Taluka, which is not so far away from Sankri. And you can easily get a taxi to reach Taluka from Sankri.located at an elevation of 2075 meters, Taluka is a mystical place.
The track from Taluka ahead to Osla which is at 2560 heights and is adorned with a carved temple.
From Osla, you will trek for Har Ki Dun, which scales a majestic 3666 meters.
Dehradun city is well connected with all the main cities of India by air, road and train. To reach Sankri from Dehraduna and Taluka from Sankri, you can easily get local transportation (bus) or hire a taxi.
- Dehradun- the capital of the Indian state of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is hill station and one of the most preferred destinations in the state. The city is one of the oldest cities in India which attracts a large number of tourists each year due to its picturesque scenic views and culture.
- Sankri- mixed with serenity and spirituality, Sankri is an unspoilt, unpopulated and untouched village that offers majestic views of the Himalayas.
- Taluka- Stands at an elevation of 2075 meters, Taluka is an attractive colony en toute Har Ki Dun pass.
- Osla- A clandestine tiny town in the tehsil of Mori of Dehradun city, Osla is famous for the temple of Duryodhana.
- An opportunity to spend the time in the lap of Majestic mountain peaks
- A chance to explore the culture and traditions of Uttarakhand
Best season to visit Har Ki Dun
Har Ki Dun trek will take you from the beautiful city of Dehradun to an exhilarating village Sankri, which is counted as the base camp of this trekking expedition.
Har Ki Dun welcomes you all year round except for the monsoon. If you visit Har Ki Dun in the months of winter, you will have a chance to witness snow. The average temperature ranges from 1 degree celsius to 5 degree celsius. Autumn is also considered a good time to engage in this trip. In spring, flowers bloom, valleys start to melt, making the entire journey unforgettable. The temperature lies between 10 degree celsius to 20 degree celsius.
Things to carry
-Camping shoes for crossing streams
-woollen socks and gloves
-Water bottles and eatery supplements
-Torch with extra batteries
– Woollen cap, trekking pants etc
-Plastic bag to keep wet clothes and trash
-First aid kit
-All necessary toiletries
-Trekking poles and gear like- sleeping bag, tent etc.