The industrial world is progressing each day starting from garage doors to conveyor belts. The smaller parts of these machines have to be durable because that is what makes the difference. The strength of these machines is due to the drive rollers that are attached to it. Hence polyurethane rollers have now become the most essential requirement in the industrial world. The use of polyurethane rollers is mostly found in companies that have an automated system. The industries that use these rollers are usually food processing, aviation, mining as well as automotive sectors.
Benefits of polyurethane rollers
The conveyor belts are the best example of the drive rollers. They are made of polyurethane material because this is a material that reduces the noise significantly while in use. Unlike the metal rollers, polyurethane rollers are the ones that are manufactured with varying fiction. This helps to absorb them to last for a long period of time. This is material is also tolerant of the temperature that makes it an excellent choice for running the equipment.
- Withstand heavy weight easily: The polyurethane rollers have the capability to withstand heavy loads, unlike metal. They also can perform under exposure to extreme weight without getting scratched or bent or marred. The manufacturing process is done with the chemical analysis process that makes the material resistant to the scars.
- Tested for performance: The durometer tests that are conducted on the material to ensure the improved performance of the material.
- Longevity and affordability: Polyurethane rollers have a large life span are also cost efficient as far as its production is concerned.
- Chemical resistance: These are the rollers that are designed in a special way that is resistant to spills as well as water and chemical. The material does not swell or gets corroded or rusting for any reason. This is a great advantage to use polyurethane rollers in the equipment.
Why opt for polyurethane rollers?
- The first and the foremost reason to use these rollers is that they last very long at an average of 1000 hours till 4000 hours till it becomes old.
- These rollers are good for food processing industries as the food human contact is not acceptable in these industries. The use of plastic and rubber is also not considered good in the food industry as it leaves marks and residue on the food.
- Since the material is durable and has a long life span, it can help to pad your bottom line. There will be a requirement to replace the rollers instead of the level of productivity increases. The profit of the industries is boosted immensely.
- Unlike the rubber material, polyurethane rollers are very effective in grabbing and shifting the objects like glass or maybe sanded wood.
- These are the rollers that are extremely versatile in nature. They can be bought in a durometer that ranges from 10A to 75D. If you want the rollers that are tough, then it is only polyurethane that is of importance.
The use of polyurethane is for varied applications and is used all over the world. They have certain mechanical properties that can be isolated as well as manipulated. This can be done through creative chemistry and several unique opportunities. This has an added advantage that will solve the problems with performance. This is material that is incomparable to any other material. It is preferred more because it has a high load capacity for both tensions as well as compression. Even though the material changes its shape due to load, but the specialty is that it regains its original shape once the load is removed choose the reliable dealer to get the best polyurethane roller. It works best if used in flex fatigue applications because of the main property of this material is its flexibility.