One of the greatest assets for any business running under the resort and hospitality industry is their staff that attends customers, how they greet them, and offer them tireless assistance throughout their stay at your venue. They are the face of your brand, the customer touchpoint for whatever services and amenities that you offer. Hence there is a huge priority to focus on offering the right tools and skills that can allow them to outshine hospitality and generosity shown by staff members of rival brands. This is why in this post we would like to offer you some exquisite advice as to how you can invest time and effort into your resort staff to train them and groom them to create an additional attraction for your offered services and amenities. This will not only put you in the forefront for customers seeking the best experience but also spread positive word of mouth which is priceless for any business operating within the said industry.
Qualities & Traits That Make Them Successful
If you want your staff to really cash-in their personas and individual styles, then they must possess the following traits without failure:
- Unwavering commitment and dedication towards fulfilling their responsibilities and duties as designated by their job descriptions and company policies.
- Splendid interpersonal skills that allow them to communicate with customers on both extrinsic and intrinsic levels, without crossing boundaries and absolute reliance on their courtesy.
- Adaptive listening and observation skills that can enable them to understand and grasp instructions without any need for external tools or assistance. Always ready on their toes and attentive.
- Have to be technology savvy in this current day and age. Many gadgets, appliances, and smart devices require an understanding of how things work.
- Able to adjust to demanding tasks in a versatile manner without creating any further fuss. Hence they have to be flexible and should be able to adjust according to the situation.
- Able to work in teams both as a valuable team player and a team lead. Break up the task, align goals and targets, cooperate with others, able to work with people and through people.
- Lastly, they should have a keen interest and never miss out on the significant factor of attention to detail. They must have the eye to make things right even if it is just a tiny bit of dust sitting atop a hotel desk.
Appearance, Grooming, & Impeccable Hygiene
If it is all about style, panache, flair, and the vibrancy which your staff carries and moves around with, then let us not miss out on the important factor of how they should look and present themselves. First impressions are quite difficult to change, hence it is a must that their interactions with customers staying at your hotel or resort is always to the finest of their capabilities. Hence they should appear in proper uniform, having groomed themselves to perfection and absolutely no signs of poor hygiene. The easiest way to resolve this issue is to provide them with custom hospitality uniforms that are specifically made for your hotel and resort. This will also allow them to carry your company’s name, logo, brand, message, and other information on their shoulders proudly wherever they serve.
Exceptional Customer Support & Satisfaction
It goes without saying that your hospitality staff needs to have a customer orientation and the ability to offer them out of the box as well as out of the way support at times. Once they have this natural desire to make others happy, they will be closely able to reach customer expectations and in some parts exceed them as well. All of this puts even the most troublesome of customers in a light-hearted mood from the beginning and that is the way to success for your business as well. They should always put the customer as their priority and put themselves in second place.
We hope through this post you were able to better understand how important your resort staff is for your hospitality business. They are the face of your venture, every goodwill which your organization receives from serving customers outstandingly well over the past years, are carried towards you through their support. However, if you fail to realize their importance and contribution towards making your venture successful, then there is no questioning the fact that the standard of your services would surely fall, no matter how much you invest your time, effort, and money into the business.